Sarah Thamer is a senior reporter for the MPR News Race, Class and Communities team. Sarah grew up in Richfield, Minn., and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in broadcast journalism.
Before joining MPR, Sarah worked as a reporter and anchor at WKBT in La Crosse, Wis., then made her way to ABC-affiliate WISN in Milwaukee, where she worked as a reporter. Sarah has covered a wide array of topics from the Milwaukee Bucks championship win, to uncovering illegal practices in Wisconsin’s foster care system.
Sarah is thrilled to be back home and join MPR’s Race, Class and Communities team. As a Palestinian-American journalist, she is passionate about telling stories in underrepresented communities and using her platform to help inform the public and share new perspectives. Sarah loves to hear from people in the community and welcomes story ideas. Send her an email at email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter: @SarahThamerNews.
- St. Paul rec center shooting victim 'critical'; rec center worker arrested
- 'Accessible and affordable': Minnesota online private tutoring service launches
- St. Paul mayor: Overdue maintenance on roads, parks should come from sales tax increase
- Police say increasing women among the ranks is one step towards police reform
- Skyway vacancy offers chance of a lifetime for clothing maker
- Community leaders want new St. Paul chief to bring change, wary of empty promises
- Newly-elected Brooklyn Center mayor says residents should expect change
- 'A daunting responsibility, and one I embrace': St. Paul police chief nominee has deep roots in city
- A century after a Black church burned, a call to acknowledge history
- Afghan refugee resource hub opens in Minneapolis