Sarah Thamer is a senior reporter for the MPR News Race, Class and Communities team. Sarah grew up in Richfield, Minn., and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in broadcast journalism.
Before joining MPR, Sarah worked as a reporter and anchor at WKBT in La Crosse, Wis., then made her way to ABC-affiliate WISN in Milwaukee, where she worked as a reporter. Sarah has covered a wide array of topics from the Milwaukee Bucks championship win, to uncovering illegal practices in Wisconsin’s foster care system.
Sarah is thrilled to be back home and join MPR’s Race, Class and Communities team. As a Palestinian-American journalist, she is passionate about telling stories in underrepresented communities and using her platform to help inform the public and share new perspectives. Sarah loves to hear from people in the community and welcomes story ideas. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter: @SarahThamerNews.
- A pesar de su legalización, el cannabis puede tener un impacto legal en los inmigrantes que no son ciudadanos estadounidenses
- Despite legalization, cannabis can still have legal impact for immigrants who aren’t U.S. citizens
- St. Paul residents voting on 1 percent sales tax increase to pay for roads, parks
- Palestinian Americans in Minnesota wait for news from Gaza, often with a sense of dread
- Los propietarios de la primera bodega de su tipo en Apple Valley no renunciaron a sus sueños
- Hundreds gather in Minneapolis Monday night in support of Palestine amid ongoing war
- Owners of first of its kind bodega in Apple Valley didn’t give up on their dreams
- Practitioner works to erase stigma some Black Minnesotans feel about mental health care
- 3rd Avenue Bridge reopens in October, Stone Arch Bridge repairs planned for next two summers
- Medicaid coverage ends for 32,600 Minnesotans, thousands renew