Sarah Thamer is a senior reporter for the MPR News Race, Class and Communities team. Sarah grew up in Richfield, Minn., and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in broadcast journalism.
Before joining MPR, Sarah worked as a reporter and anchor at WKBT in La Crosse, Wis., then made her way to ABC-affiliate WISN in Milwaukee, where she worked as a reporter. Sarah has covered a wide array of topics from the Milwaukee Bucks championship win, to uncovering illegal practices in Wisconsin’s foster care system.
Sarah is thrilled to be back home and join MPR’s Race, Class and Communities team. As a Palestinian-American journalist, she is passionate about telling stories in underrepresented communities and using her platform to help inform the public and share new perspectives. Sarah loves to hear from people in the community and welcomes story ideas. Send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter: @SarahThamerNews.
- Minneapolis will pay out $700,000 to settle suit stemming from 2019 fatal police shooting
- St. Paul’s Books For Africa celebrates 35 years of delivering donated books overseas
- Demand for culturally-aware mental health providers rises in a more diverse Minnesota
- Arts Briefs: Printmaking guru bids adieu
- 25 years after Minnesota tornado outbreak, severe weather forecasting has advanced greatly
- City officials: Monticello's water system not affected by radioactive water leak
- Lives of Hastings’ first Black residents source of inspiration for descendants
- Activists say diversifying police forces not best answer to cop misconduct
- St. Paul rec center shooting victim 'critical'; rec center worker arrested
- 'Accessible and affordable': Minnesota online private tutoring service launches