Sasha Aslanian was a metro reporter for MPR News from 2008-2015 and is now a correspondent for American RadioWorks, the national documentary unit of American Public Media.
Aslanian got her start as a daily news producer in the MPR newsroom in 1992. From 2000 to 2008, she produced documentaries for American RadioWorks. She is the creator of MPR News' Youth Radio Series. Aslanian has won awards named for famous news men: Edward R. Murrow, Lowell Thomas, Heywood Broun and Eric Sevareid. She is a graduate of Grinnell College.
- Tensions high at pro-Trump rally at the Capitol
- Minnesota's undocumented college students wait, worry as election nears
- Better sex ed could have helped trafficking victims, report says
- Study counts kids who seek help under new sex trafficking law
- Visas available for victims of trafficking, domestic violence
- For paralyzed mother, a housing market out of reach
- Profs oppose possible tenure change at William Mitchell
- Job fair takes aim at Somali unemployment
- From MN suburbs, they set out to join ISIS
- Called to fight: Minnesota's ISIS recruits