Good Monday morning, and welcome to a new work week. Here are some items in the news:
1. Here's what happened in the final hours to get nearly 200 countries to agree on the climate deal. (BBC)
2. Now comes the real question about the deal: will they actually follow through? (New York Times)
3. Suddenly, Ted Cruz is starting to look like the frontrunner for the GOP nomination. (Washington Post)
4. Gov. Mark Dayton's spine surgery last week was the latest in a series of medical problems that have laid him up. (Star Tribune)
5. Some of the presidential candidates are headed to Minnesota. (Pioneer Press)
Your support matters.
You make MPR News possible. Individual donations are behind the clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives. Help ensure MPR remains a resource that brings Minnesotans together.