Updated Jan. 19, 12 p.m. | Posted Jan. 18, 4:09 p.m.
Carbon monoxide killed a man using a fish house on Leech Lake, Cass County officials said.
Authorities were called to a fish house on Walker Bay late Sunday afternoon. When paramedics and deputies arrived, they found four adult males in a camper trailer converted to a fish house.
The sheriff's office said one man was dead at the scene. A second man was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center. Two others were treated at the scene.
Sheriff's officials said Tuesday that the dead man was 34-year-old Jared Nels Johnson of Akeley, Minn.
Cass County investigators said it appeared that propane devices being used to heat the camper were not ventilated and created unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.