Life is about learning, exploring and creating. My job with MPR News allows me to indulge my curiosity every day!
I cover general news in a wide swath of western Minnesota and eastern North Dakota, with a focus on the environment, agriculture, Indian Country and the growing regional drone industry. From Morris to Warroad, I meet interesting people who always teach me something.
My job is to share what I learn with MPR News consumers, helping them be more informed, and maybe on occasion, entertained as well.
- North Dakota researchers find cost-effective way to extract rare-earth elements from coal
- American Crystal Sugar reports a record crop despite drought
- Minnesota fiddle builder brings new life to an old Norwegian folk instrument
- Study finds large pay gap for Native American women
- Jeremiah Program aims to end poverty for single mothers and children
- Minnesota group uses artificial intelligence to aid monarch butterflies
- Ag industry testing driverless trucks to solve labor shortage
- Emergency managers hope new radar will fix coverage gaps in Minnesota
- Moorhead unveils monument to Black civil war veteran
- New invasive crayfish found in Minnesota lake