Host of MPR News with Angela Davis
Angela Davis is the host of MPR News with Angela Davis, a weekday talk show that airs at 11 a.m. She joined MPR News in November 2018 after more than 25 years of television reporting and anchoring in the Twin Cities and other cities throughout the country.
Davis leads conversations on a wide variety of topics including how the state is changing, Minnesota’s persistent racial disparities, economic issues, education and mental health. The program includes insight from experts as well as listeners who call in during the live broadcast.
Before joining MPR News, Angela anchored morning and evening newscasts at WCCO-TV in Minneapolis and KSTP-TV in St. Paul. She has won five regional Emmy awards for anchoring and covering breaking news. Her television career included jobs at CNN in Atlanta and local stations in Washington, DC, Dallas, TX and Lexington, KY.
Angela holds a journalism degree from the University of Maryland, College Park, and grew up in southern Virginia. She also did graduate work in urban affairs at the University of Texas at Arlington. She is a member of the local and national chapters of the National Association of Black Journalists and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Angela is the mother of two teenagers. Her son is a student at Morehouse College in Atlanta and her daughter is a high school senior. She is married to fellow journalist Duchesne Drew. In 2020 he joined her at Minnesota Public Radio after a long career as a reporter and editor at the Star Tribune in Minneapolis. They live in St. Paul.
- What we learned about mothers during a pandemic
- Are you worn down and unfocused? You’re languishing
- Life after vaccines: When does 'normal' become possible?
- Police and traffic stops: When should officers pull drivers over?
- Sex trafficking in Minnesota
- Where does Minnesota stand in the hunt for herd immunity?
- Police reform: What kind of change is possible and how do we get there?
- After verdict, small businesses eager to welcome customers and rebuild
- George Floyd and Daunte Wright now part of Minnesota history
- Minnesota's search for a better policing system