As a newscaster, I get to be one of the voices you hear on-air, connecting you with breaking news, weather events and community stories.
I believe radio is a powerful way to connect a community. On the radio, you hear what is going on in the world around you, both across town and across the planet. Some news stories keep us informed; others ground us with perspective in the midst of rapidly evolving headlines.
Radio is also one of my favorite formats for storytelling, and I love tapping my roots as a creative writer to tell radio stories that invite curiosity. When I'm not in the broadcast studio, I report on a range of subjects, with particular interests in human rights, parenting and the arts.
Tell me what's going on in your community. I'd love to hear from you. | email@example.com
- Bakken Museum announces plans for major renovation
- Training to prevent suicides in rural Minnesota draws large response
- Football Gophers drill down on sleep, and win
- Anxious about shots? Here are 5 tips for 'ouchless' injections
- Food, history and rutabaga bowling: Iron Range Pasty Festival takes place Saturday
- Pipestone National Monument to stop sale of pipes on park grounds
- It's a playful rivalry now, but competition between Mpls. and St. Paul was once fierce
- Twin Cities Pride Festival marks 50th anniversary of Stonewall
- Exhibit traces history of secret language school at Fort Snelling
- 'Remarkable' Minneapolis garden celebrates state's wildflowers