As a newscaster, I get to be one of the voices you hear on-air, connecting you with breaking news, weather events and community stories.
I believe radio is a powerful way to connect a community. On the radio, you hear what is going on in the world around you, both across town and across the planet. Some news stories keep us informed; others ground us with perspective in the midst of rapidly evolving headlines.
Radio is also one of my favorite formats for storytelling, and I love tapping my roots as a creative writer to tell radio stories that invite curiosity. When I'm not in the broadcast studio, I report on a range of subjects, with particular interests in human rights, parenting and the arts.
Tell me what's going on in your community. I'd love to hear from you. | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Vote for Our Future' answers kids' questions about elections
- Art Hounds: Whimsical glass, and a walking, biking art tour in Minneapolis
- A book that gives you 'Some Kind of Happiness' on lonely, blue days
- Art Hounds: What would you do with a blank canvas? A small town puts community creativity on display
- A West African fantasy with enveloping world-building
- Art Hounds: Twin Cities Iranian Culture Festival celebrates with music, art and food
- A bookseller recommends 'I Am Every Good Thing' for back to school
- Art Hounds recommend portraits that seem to be 'peering into your soul'
- A new translation reimagines Beowulf, spotlighting female 'warrior'
- Art Hounds: Drive-in music videos and other art you can enjoy outdoors