As a newscaster, I get to be one of the voices you hear on-air, connecting you with breaking news, weather events and community stories.
I believe radio is a powerful way to connect a community. On the radio, you hear what is going on in the world around you, both across town and across the planet. Some news stories keep us informed; others ground us with perspective in the midst of rapidly evolving headlines.
Radio is also one of my favorite formats for storytelling, and I love tapping my roots as a creative writer to tell radio stories that invite curiosity. When I'm not in the broadcast studio, I report on a range of subjects, with particular interests in human rights, parenting and the arts.
Tell me what's going on in your community. I'd love to hear from you. | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual count of people experiencing homelessness in Minnesota takes place Wednesday
- Reading, writing, and agriculture: Minnesota teacher honored for efforts to educate students about farming
- Prominent acid rain researcher Eville Gorham dies
- Your stories: Recognizing acts of kindness
- Fizz-ics: University of Minnesota students aim to reclaim title in Alka-Rocket Challenge
- Photos: Duluth residents dig out from nearly two feet of snow
- Storm topples often-photographed sea stack at Tettegouche State Park
- Two children fatally shot, two adults found dead in Minneapolis
- Minnesotans spread feelings of gratitude this Thanksgiving
- Bakken Museum announces plans for major renovation