As a correspondent for MPR News I get to do a lot of things, but my priority is telling stories of Minnesota’s rich and diverse cultural scene. My mission is to amplify visionary voices; I’m particularly drawn to artists who use their creative talents to address racism and the abuse of power.
In 2014 I took over the role of producing Art Hounds, a weekly segment in which three people share arts events they’re excited about with MPR listeners - it’s my favorite part of the week. Interested in becoming an Art Hound? Sign up!
In 2019 I joined the Counter Stories team – a podcast where we discuss race, identity, social justice and culture in a region grappling with demographic changes.
Got a story you think I should look into? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Hounds: Luke Hillestad's paintings evoke the old masters
- Counter Stories: Amid global pandemic, racism survives and thrives
- Art Hounds: Labor Camp's daily COVID-19 reports
- Art Hounds: Mankato silos come alive in public art project
- Art Hounds: St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour moves online
- Counter Stories: A personal journey of grief in the era of COVID-19
- Art Hounds: Work with your hands to calm your mind
- Want to be an Art Hound? Here's what you need to know
- As this historical moment unfolds, Historical Society is taking notes
- Jungle Theater’s Rasmussen makes a big — and bittersweet — move