As a correspondent for MPR News I get to do a lot of things, but my priority is telling stories of Minnesota’s rich and diverse cultural scene. My mission is to amplify visionary voices; I’m particularly drawn to artists who use their creative talents to address racism and the abuse of power.
In 2014 I took over the role of producing Art Hounds, a weekly segment in which three people share arts events they’re excited about with MPR listeners - it’s my favorite part of the week. Interested in becoming an Art Hound? Sign up!
In 2019 I joined the Counter Stories team – a podcast where we discuss race, identity, social justice and culture in a region grappling with demographic changes.
Got a story you think I should look into? Contact me at email@example.com.
- Art Hounds: Black Lives Matter street painting models community building
- Arts board announces simplified grant program for MN artists struggling in COVID-19 economy
- Counter Stories: Native Americans celebrate significant wins
- Art Hounds: Madalina Kelner's photographs seek to look 'Behind the Veil'
- Art Hounds: Yuya Negishi's murals animate Twin Cities buildings
- Counter Stories: Calling out racism, and calling in with love
- Artists demand #MeToo moment in Minnesota music
- Art Hounds: Sam Zimmerman's North Shore paintings
- Counter Stories: How to keep the movement moving
- Art Hounds: Western Sculpture Park in the heart of St. Paul