As a correspondent for MPR News I get to do a lot of things, but my priority is telling stories of Minnesota’s rich and diverse cultural scene. My mission is to amplify visionary voices; I’m particularly drawn to artists who use their creative talents to address racism and the abuse of power.
In 2014 I took over the role of producing Art Hounds, a weekly segment in which three people share arts events they’re excited about with MPR listeners - it’s my favorite part of the week. Interested in becoming an Art Hound? Sign up!
In 2019 I joined the Counter Stories team – a podcast where we discuss race, identity, social justice and culture in a region grappling with demographic changes.
Got a story you think I should look into? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women describe a pattern of abuse by TU Dance co-founder
- Art Hounds: 'Peerless' gives Macbeth a dark and comic update
- 25 years of connecting young people to the arts
- How heart disease affects women differently
- Race, power and privilege at play in ‘The White Card’
- Art Hounds: A 'Skeleton Crew' struggles to survive in working-class America
- Counter Stories: Racism and cultural appropriation in news headlines
- Art Hounds: Wednesdays with My Grandma's Cardigan
- Runners, skiers, bikers hit trail Monday for Arrowhead 135 in northern Minnesota
- Art Hounds: Ely celebrates 'The Quiltmaker's Gift'