Producer, All Things Considered
I’m a producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- Old bank in Minneapolis to become an incubator for Black-owned businesses
- Appetites: Ideas to get out of your grilling comfort zone
- Looking back on 50 years of Pride in the Twin Cities
- 'We belong to the community': Osmo Vänskä reflects on 19 years with the Minnesota Orchestra
- Lenders more likely to deny home loans to people of color in the Twin Cities
- $100 and 23 years later, 2 refugees and a Minnesota stranger reunite
- With abortion rights facing new restrictions, providers prepare for a potential 'post-Roe' future
- For Earth Day, University of Minnesota Morris professor collects 'Prayers for a Feverish Planet'
- Dealing with inflation in the kitchen? Put down the chicken breasts
- Change to state's police arbitration system yields some results