Associate Producer, All Things Considered
I’m an associate producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- ‘Right now, it is the soul of this nation’: What’s next for George Floyd Square
- Photos: Crowds cheer, celebrate after Chauvin convicted of murder and manslaughter
- South Minneapolis remembers a year of unrest as it braces for what's next
- A tool that prioritizes people for homeless services favored white people. So Hennepin Co. stopped using it.
- Your 2020 tax questions, answered
- ‘Like looking at the moon’: Old-fashioned radio show brings isolated seniors together
- Texas grid failure strengthens calls to climate-proof energy infrastructure
- St. Louis County film incentive already bearing fruit
- Minnesota filmmaker's first feature film competes at Sundance
- DFL state lawmakers propose what they say is most ambitious clean energy goal in U.S.