Producer, All Things Considered
I’m a producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- Less than a week in, Minneapolis crisis response team has responded to 'quite a few' calls
- Minnesota jurors must speak English — some worry that's a proxy for race in jury selection
- ThaiPop offers a bright spot in pandemic-weary, construction-heavy Rochester
- In Rochester, the future of work could include this driverless shuttle
- St. Paul music academy to expand its dementia-friendly chorus
- St. Paul initiative puts youth on city boards, commissions
- Mayo Clinic study sounds alarm on nurse mental health
- Rethinking the 'aspirin a day' mantra for heart attack prevention
- MPD is looking for a new early intervention program — have they gotten any better?
- Minnesota traveling nurse returns home after grueling year fighting pandemic