Producer, All Things Considered
I’m a producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- Appetites: Minnesota chefs share their favorite Thanksgiving sides
- For your World Cup spread, try Guatemalan hot dogs
- Next St. Paul police chief wants to reduce gun violence, focus on evolution
- A century, a pandemic and 13 editions later, Betty Crocker is still your 'helper in the kitchen'
- 'The show must go on, wherever it is': Kyiv City Ballet to perform in Minneapolis
- Allina Health addresses breast health gap for transgender patients
- Eviction 'monsoon' clouds Hennepin County budget talks
- Minnesota birds make list of threatened 'tipping point' species
- Refugee arrivals to Minnesota could quadruple this year
- Beth Dooley: Ditch summer's 'wimpy lettuce' for fall's heartier greens