Associate Producer, All Things Considered
I’m an associate producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- Six months in, the call for justice at 38th and Chicago persists
- In effort to better serve Black customers, Target taps north Mpls. clothing designer
- What a divided Congress could mean for Biden's climate agenda
- New maps show more Upper Midwest homes in flood zones
- Climate change puts hundreds of toxic Superfund sites at risk
- Northside principals call on Minneapolis schools, police to reinstate school officers
- Red Wing hopes a shorter climate plan will lead to quicker change
- Bureau that oversees Waseca prison with alarming COVID-19 rate faces scrutiny
- Flower pigments are changing as temperatures rise, ozone depletes
- Fair housing process that President Trump criticized is underway in the Twin Cities