Lead Producer, All Things Considered
I’m the lead producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- St. Paul City Council remains unaligned on declaring resolution for a cease-fire in Israel-Hamas war
- Long-time leader of St. John's Abbey retires leaving storied 23-year legacy
- Palestinian Minnesotan and Twin Cities rabbi call for civil dialogue
- 'Interpretation is key': Professor weighs in on antisemitism claims at UMN
- Marvin Haynes on 19 years wrongfully convicted and what's next for him
- After Marvin Haynes release, Hennepin County lays out reforms to address wrongful convictions
- State’s first Latina police chief is looking for ways to connect and serve
- White Earth group has been quietly rewriting wrongs, correcting Native veterans headstones
- Minneapolis rabbi discusses decision to interrupt president's fundraiser
- Curtis Chin’s new memoir gives insight into life as a 'Chinese restaurant kid' from Detroit