Associate Producer, All Things Considered
I’m an associate producer for All Things Considered on MPR News. That means I keep an eye on what’s coming out of our newsroom and NPR’s, and work to fill in the blanks — whether that’s getting someone on the show who can tell us what the latest national news means for Minnesota, highlighting a story or voice that’s been missing in our coverage, or squeezing a little levity and curiosity into the onslaught of news.
Before joining MPR News, I covered education, community health and immigration as a reporter at KPBS in San Diego. I also helped KPBS, Voice of San Diego, The AjA Project and Media Arts Center San Diego launch and manage Speak City Heights, a media collaborative and youth journalism program covering San Diego's immigrant and refugee communities.
My reporting in San Diego pushed police to collect racial profiling data, yielded new resources for low-income tenants living in dangerous housing conditions, reversed a magnet school policy that disenfranchised students of color, and fast-tracked street improvements at the site of a fatal hit and run.
- Texas grid failure strengthens calls to climate-proof energy infrastructure
- St. Louis County film incentive already bearing fruit
- Minnesota filmmaker's first feature film competes at Sundance
- DFL state lawmakers propose what they say is most ambitious clean energy goal in U.S.
- In Warroad, a 2.5-mile skate path is connecting neighbors
- ‘A moment that almost didn’t happen’: St. Paul man with cancer becomes citizen at home
- Minneapolis volunteers collect remembrances for George Floyd permanent memorial
- From ‘schoolmarm’ to sentry: Mpls. teacher responds to George Floyd killing
- George Floyd's Square offers an alternative to police — though not all neighbors want one
- Record year for wind turbine shipments good for Minnesota economy, environment