Michael Caputo has 18 years of experience in daily newsrooms in radio, television and newspapers, mainly as a political reporter. He has written Web and newspaper political columns, covered national Democratic and Republican conventions, hosted talk shows, debates and forums and produced election specials. Most recently, he was news director for public TV station WXXI in Rochester, NY, where he hosted and edited a weekly news show and also reported stories for WXXI radio. Michael became interested in tapping public insight while working at the Rochester N.Y. newspaper and working with its "Voice of the Voter" project, which involved bringing citizens into political coverage. At WXXI, he helped lead a cross-media collaboration as part of MacNeil/Lehrer's "By the People" project, which held citizen forums around the country.
- If the private sector is doing it, should the government get out?
- Public weighs in on state taxes and spending
- Why bother with conservation? Some Minnesotans explain
- Residents skeptical of merger of Mankatos
- Consumers getting hit by higher credit card rates, fees
- Jobs offering health care are harder to find in Minnesota
- Getting around tight credit: a virtual forum
- Future of Army cannon, jobs uncertain in Fridley
- Hours cut at work? Unemployment benefits may be available
- Short on cash? Try bartering