Tom Robertson is based in Bemidji, Minn., where he covers news across north central Minnesota for MPR News. After graduating from Bemidji State University in 1991, Tom worked as a newspaper reporter for the Bemidji Pioneer and later as editor of a small community newspaper. Tom transitioned to radio in 1994 when he became news director for several Bemidji radio stations. He's been with MPR since 1997. Tom and his wife Helean have three grown children and several grandkids. They live on five wooded acres near the Mississippi River.
- Groups opposed to Minn. wolf hunt lose in court
- Business loans aim to boost Native American entrepreneurship
- Wildfire near Park Rapids surrounded; residents may soon return to homes
- Better weather dampens wildfire near Menagha
- Wildfires break out near Park Rapids and NW Wisconsin
- Same-sex marriage: Reaction from Minnesota residents
- Lake ice complicates Minn. Governor's Fishing Opener
- Rural Minnesotans less optimistic about economy
- Boise mill layoff of 265 workers 'devastating'
- Dropped long-distance calls irk rural Minnesotans