With extreme cold moving in across the state, Gov. Mark Dayton ordered all Minnesota public schools closed Monday.
Many other institutions from private schools to public parks are also closing Monday. Here are some:
• Blake School
• Community Action Head Start
• Cretin-Derham Hall
• Dunwoody College of Technology
• International School of Minnesota
• MacPhail Center for Music
• Mounds Park Academy
• St. Cloud State University
• St. Paul Academy
• South Central Technical College - Faribault and North Mankato
• University of St. Thomas
• St. Catherine University
• Classes cancelled at Rasmussen College campuses
• Minnesota Zoo
• All Saint Paul Department of Parks and Recreation programs
• Minneapolis Park buildings closed and programs cancelled
• Eden Prairie's outdoor skating and sledding facilities
• Hyland Ski and Snowboard Area
• Downhill skiing at Elm Creek Winter Recreation Area
• Minneapolis solid waste and recycling
• Basilica of St. Mary
• Eureka Recycling is canceling Monday pick-up; Rest of schedule pushed back one day
• MRCI WorkSource
• Star Tribune home delivery delayed by an hour
• Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities
Here's a complete list of closings from our news partner KARE 11.
Your support matters.
You make MPR News possible. Individual donations are behind the clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives. Help ensure MPR remains a resource that brings Minnesotans together.