New cookbook features recipes from top local chefs
Food writer Stephanie Meyer joined The Daily Circuit to talk about her new collection of recipes from local chefs.
We asked listeners to tell us about their favorite local dishes they wish they could make at home.
21 coveted local dishes, according to you:
MPR News is Member Supported
What does that mean? The news, analysis and community conversation found here is funded by donations from individuals. Make a gift of any amount today to support this resource for everyone.
1.Burch's fried semolina, brown butter, sage (Meyer suggests making a gnocchi with ricotta to replicate texture)
2. Buca di Beppo's garlic mashed potatoes (an imitation recipe found here)
3. Salty Tart's plum tart (recipe in Meyer's book)
4. Modern Cafe's kale goat cheese cranberry
5. Walleye (you can find Minnesota-caught walleye in Red Lake)
6. Local co-op's baked tofu cilantro pesto
7. Cossetta's pizza dough
8. Oceanaire hashbrowns
9. Corner Table's pork belly and ratatouille (Meyer tried to replicate ratatouille recipe here)
10. Heartland's trout dish (recipe in Meyer's book)
11. Haute Dish's mushroom roll stuffed with crab and gruyere (recipe in Meyer's book)
12. Quang's Pho Ga
13. 112 Eatery's stringozzi with lamb ragu and their foie gras and lardons salad
14. Duluth Grill ratatouille (They have a cookbook)
15. Ciao Bella's burger
16. Bar La Grassa's gnocchi with orange and cauliflower
17. Rustica's danish and butter cakes
18. Brasa's jalapeno creamed spinach
19. George and the Dragon's 5 spice pork
20. Afro Deli's Afro steak dinner
21. Saffron's Moroccan duck kefta
What dishes have you tried in the Twin Cities that you'd like to try making yourself? Have you tried to replicate a dish from a restaurant? Leave your comments below.