Food writer Stephanie Meyer joined The Daily Circuit to talk about her new collection of recipes from local chefs.
We asked listeners to tell us about their favorite local dishes they wish they could make at home.
21 coveted local dishes, according to you:
1.Burch's fried semolina, brown butter, sage (Meyer suggests making a gnocchi with ricotta to replicate texture)
4. Modern Cafe's kale goat cheese cranberry
5. Walleye (you can find Minnesota-caught walleye in Red Lake)
6. Local co-op's baked tofu cilantro pesto
7. Cossetta's pizza dough
8. Oceanaire hashbrowns
12. Quang's Pho Ga
13. 112 Eatery's stringozzi with lamb ragu and their foie gras and lardons salad
15. Ciao Bella's burger
16. Bar La Grassa's gnocchi with orange and cauliflower
17. Rustica's danish and butter cakes
18. Brasa's jalapeno creamed spinach
19. George and the Dragon's 5 spice pork
20. Afro Deli's Afro steak dinner
21. Saffron's Moroccan duck kefta
What dishes have you tried in the Twin Cities that you'd like to try making yourself? Have you tried to replicate a dish from a restaurant? Leave your comments below.
Your support matters.
You make MPR News possible. Individual donations are behind the clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives. Help ensure MPR remains a resource that brings Minnesotans together.