Andrea Swensson was a host and writer at Minnesota Public Radio's The Current, where she helmed The Local Show, a weekly show dedicated to exploring the Minnesota music scene, and the O.K. Show podcast, which investigated the intersection between music and wellness.
Andrea has been covering Minnesota music actively since 2005. Prior to joining MPR she was the music editor of City Pages, where she founded the AAN AltWeekly Award-winning Gimme Noise music blog, and edited and contributed to online music sites Reveille Magazine and HowWasTheShow.com.
- The story behind the upcoming reissue of Prince’s landmark ‘1999’ album
- From electro-pop to ballads, new Minnesota music offers something for everyone
- Living legend Cornbread Harris shares stories and songs from his seven-decade career
- Jeremy Messersmith performs live at the Minnesota State Fair
- Indie-folk group Fathom Lane lets listeners slow down
- Summer Music Series: Tufawon shares his experiences as an artist and activist
- Summer Music Series: Thelonesomekid performs in The Current studio
- Rapper Allan Kingdom on what it means to be an artist from St. Paul
- Soul singer PaviElle talks musical heritage, what being an artist means to her
- Manchita performs emotional new solo EP in The Current studio