Tim Nelson is a general assignment reporter for MPR News. He has covered education and the Republican National Convention for MPR. He is a 20-year veteran of newspapers across the Upper Midwest. He spent 16 years at the St. Paul Pioneer Press, where he covered city government. He has also covered crime, written a recreation page and produced blogs and podcasts. A native of Coon Rapids, Minn., Nelson attended Gustavus Adolphus College and the University of Minnesota. He's an avid runner and once swam across lake Minnetonka. He lives in St. Paul with his wife, Erika, daughter Emma and son Gunnar.
- County attorney: St. Paul police justified in fatal shooting of Little Canada man in September
- Strike slavery clause from Minnesota’s constitution, officials urge
- HealthPartners strike averted after tentative deal reached
- Metro Transit adds police overtime, cameras to increase security on light rail, buses
- Johnnie-Tommie rivalry will finish on Minnesota’s biggest stage
- Land O'Lakes CEO Beth Ford tells Economic Club of Minn. that rural needs are urgent.
- No additional coronavirus case reported in Wisconsin; beware of scammers, officials say
- 'Love in her heart': After 40 kids in 40 years, St. Paul foster mom ready for more
- Land O’Lakes CEO: Close the rural-urban gap with high-speed internet
- Minneapolis DFL lawmakers to push for fire sprinklers in high-rises