Tim Nelson is a general assignment reporter for MPR News. He has covered education and the Republican National Convention for MPR. He is a 20-year veteran of newspapers across the Upper Midwest. He spent 16 years at the St. Paul Pioneer Press, where he covered city government. He has also covered crime, written a recreation page and produced blogs and podcasts. A native of Coon Rapids, Minn., Nelson attended Gustavus Adolphus College and the University of Minnesota. He's an avid runner and once swam across lake Minnetonka. He lives in St. Paul with his wife, Erika, daughter Emma and son Gunnar.
- Minneapolis police ask for help finding missing child
- It’s snow joke: Feds see another snowier-than-normal winter on the way
- Welcome to MSP parking. Do you have a reservation?
- MN Supreme Court: St. Paul still owes trash haulers no matter Nov. 5 vote
- Aitkin County investigators find body of missing woman
- Omar, Ocasio-Cortez endorse Bernie Sanders for president
- Drone pilot finds missing 6-year-old in Sherburne County field
- Drivers are hitting Minnesota State Patrol cars at record rate
- Not all cops are for Trump, say some officers
- Parent of Toys R Us teams up with Target to power online biz