Two more weeks of performances by the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra were canceled by management today, despite reaching a tentative labor agreement with musicians last week.
Interim SPCO President Dobson West announced the cancellations in a message to SPCO supporters. He said last week's tentative local agreement is dependant in part on reaching an agreement with the national American Federation of Musicians on broadcast and Internet rights.
West said talks continue with the AFM, but they have not reached an agreement yet. As result, concerts are now canceled through May 5. West says he hopes these will be the last concert cancellations.
A representative for the musicians said the cancellations were disappointing, but not unexpected.
Your support matters.
You make MPR News possible. Individual donations are behind the clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives. Help ensure MPR remains a resource that brings Minnesotans together.