Catharine Richert is based in Rochester, Minn., and covers Southeast Minnesota for MPR News. She was previously on MPR's politics team, and has contributed to MPR's health care coverage. She lives in Rochester with her husband, a neurologist at the Mayo Clinic, and their three children.
- Albert Lea hospital closes labor and delivery unit
- More than 5,000 hands-free citations issued in Minnesota since August
- Who's the creepiest of them all? Olmsted County holds scary doll contest
- Rochester program aims to help new arrivals navigate public safety
- Four new art installations coming to Rochester's downtown Peace Plaza
- When a parking lot’s not just a parking lot: Transportation drama rankles Rochester
- Mayo study: Toxic chemical fumes likely cause for vaping lung damage
- Hagedorn faces questions about climate change, trade in southern Minn. town hall
- She's one of Minnesota’s hardest-working midwives. Try to keep up.
- Home births are on the rise, but some midwives aren’t licensed