Catharine Richert is based in Rochester, Minn., and covers Southeast Minnesota for MPR News. She was previously on MPR's politics team, and has contributed to MPR's health care coverage. She lives in Rochester with her husband, a neurologist at the Mayo Clinic, and their three children.
- Jan Malcolm reflects on tenure as health commissioner
- Election deniers in Minnesota are training some election judges
- A tale of two cities: How the DFL’s fortunes are shifting away from rural Minnesota
- For some, online learning is just the right fit
- Foraging food from our landscape
- Addressing the damaging impact of digital media on Black adolescents
- Cooks say outdated regulations hold back ethnic food vendors
- Pandemic experience informs new ways to make kids feel welcome at school
- Plugging into the past with nostalgia tech
- Can downtowns come back from COVID-19 better and more inclusive?