Catharine Richert is based in Rochester, Minn., and covers Southeast Minnesota for MPR News. She was previously on MPR's politics team, and has contributed to MPR's health care coverage. She lives in Rochester with her husband, a neurologist at the Mayo Clinic, and their three children.
- Through fufu and sambusas, Rochester students counter misinformed ideas about Africa
- How to have good conversations across political divides
- Rochester school looking for new symbol after Minnesota law restricts Native mascots
- Talking Sense: How to spot AI-generated content
- Introducing Talking Sense: Have hard political conversations, better.
- On the cusp of a contentious election year, Ely finds new ways to talk about divisive issues
- North Woods Arendelle: With Disney’s blessing, Ely stages ‘Frozen the Musical’
- 10-year-old Minnesota singer Mira Babal tells it like it is in ‘Mad for No Reason’
- Mayo Clinic to donate $10 million to Rochester school district
- Mayo Clinic giving Rochester Public Schools $10M to avoid controversial redistricting plan