Amy Klobuchar is running for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, and MPR News is following the senator's campaign. Follow the MPR News politics team for full coverage of the 2020 campaign, and live feed for updates.
• Feb. 5, 2019: Klobuchar says she has a "big announcement" coming in five days.
• Feb. 10, 2019: On a snowy Sunday at Minneapolis' Boom Island Park, Klobuchar announces her bid for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination. She joins a growing field of Democrats as an underdog without the "political machine" others have. She emphasizes climate change, voting protections and income inequality as issue her campaign will address.
• Feb. 12, 2019: Klobuchar's campaign releases early fundraising figures that show she raised $1 million from "online and grassroots supporters." That amount lags behind another early fundraising total voluntarily released by California Democrat Kamala Harris' campaign, the AP reports, which raised $1.5 million in its first 24 hours.
• Feb. 14, 2019: Klobuchar announces her first weekend of presidential campaigning. It includes a stop in the likely battleground state of Wisconsin and three appearances in Iowa.
• Live blog: Amy Klobuchar / Minnesota 2020 presidential primary
• Feb. 16, 2019: Klobuchar makes her first campaign stops at a coffee and bike shop in Eau Claire, Wis., in the morning; and at a meet-and-greet hosted by local Democrats in Mason City, Iowa, in the late afternoon.
• Feb. 17, 2019: Klobuchar makes two more Iowa campaign stops at events held by local Democrats — a soup luncheon in Knoxville and a spaghetti dinner in Albia — where she touts her Midwestern roots.
• Feb. 18, 2019: In New Hampshire — the first presidential primary state — Klobuchar makes a campaign stop at a tavern outside Manchester during the day and appears on a CNN town hall event that night.
• Feb. 24, 2019: Klobuchar wraps up a four-day trip that had her campaign visiting Georgia and South Carolina for the first time and returning to Iowa and New Hampshire.
• Feb. 28, 2019: Klobuchar defends her record on medical device regulations as investigative journalists publish a report critical of her policies on the industry as a senator.
• March 6, 2019: Along with other congressional Democrats, Klobuchar puts forth the "Save the Internet Act," which NBC News reports would create so-called net neutrality protections.
• March 9, 2019: Klobuchar appears at SXSW in Austin, Texas, where she advocates for new antitrust legislation and increased taxes for big tech companies.
Amy at #sxsw on the big tech companies: "I like that they brought in new ideas and new innovations, but I don't like that they've been saying 'trust us' for so long and we did it." pic.twitter.com/aBqGWVwPUu— Amy Klobuchar (@amyklobuchar) March 9, 2019
• March 11, 2019: Klobuchar makes her first campaign stop in Florida and calls the state "ground zero" for climate change, WJCT reports.
• March 17, 2019: Klobuchar makes another weekend Iowa campaign swing, including a stop at Cedar Rapids' St. Patrick's Day parade.
• March 18, 2019: The campaign hits Chicago for a public event and fundraiser.
• March 23, 2019: Klobuchar holds a town hall in Rye, N.H.