Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition for MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- Minnesota college students reflect on the semester, Thanksgiving holiday
- How do Minnesota’s recent winters stack up?
- Remembering the life of Joan Drury, beloved North Shore writer, publisher and women's advocate
- New COVID-19 antibody treatment makes its way to Minnesota
- Minneapolis City Council approves police staffing proposal
- Asst. health commissioner: ‘We want everyone in the state to get tested’
- A ‘weather roller coaster’ into November
- Audio diary: Adjusting to campus life in a pandemic
- Wrapping up one of the coldest, snowiest Octobers in Minnesota history
- A cold and unseasonably snowy week in Minnesota