Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition for MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- New documentary traces Minnesota’s country music history
- When to see fall colors in Minnesota this year
- Janet Jackson plays the Treasure Island amphitheater this weekend
- 50 years since the Rolling Stones were No. 1 with ‘Honky Tonk Women’
- Green Day announces new album, plus ‘mega tour’ with Weezer and Fall Out Boy
- What does CWD mean for Minnesota deer hunters this year?
- Massive Attack’s ‘Mezzanine’ anniversary tour comes to the Palace Theater
- Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders releases jazzy new covers album
- Brian Murphy: 'As good a start as you could have' for Vikings
- Can hail come before rain?