Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition and Minnesota Now on MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- Scientist: 'Forever chemicals' are harming wildlife along with humans
- Minnesota teen impresses music judges on season premiere of NBC's 'The Voice'
- Hottest September ever in Minnesota with dozens of new daily rainfall records
- MN health official: Federal family nutrition aid won't end on Oct. 1
- Minnesota Now: Sept. 28, 2023
- Twins to head to Colorado for one more series before the playoffs
- Rain has eased Minnesota's drought, but not completely
- 'I had an obligation to speak out': Remembering the life of Dora Eiger Zaidenweber
- Keep on rockin': University of Minnesota's Radio K celebrates 30 years
- $10M grant to boost cardiac arrest care in Minnesota