Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition for MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- Sweltering heat – and then those tornadoes
- MN school superintendent on planning for this fall: ‘It’s just a lot of things to worry about’
- Council President Bender: Minneapolis overwhelmed by growing homeless encampments, seeking state aid
- Doctor: Many COVID-19 patients face long-term health challenges
- Mpls. attorney on defense strategy in Floyd case: ‘this is a very, very unique case'
- Twins to report to Target Field for training, unusual season ahead
- Seeley: High temperatures and remarkable wind speeds this June
- High school football team switches topics amid pandemic, protests
- Hortman: Senate Republicans ‘needed to stay at the table’ in special session
- Recent spike in Mpls. gun violence part of ‘a perfect storm’