Host, Morning Edition
Cathy Wurzer is the host of Morning Edition for MPR News. She is also the co-host of Almanac, a weekly public affairs program produced by Twin Cities Public Television for Minnesota's statewide public television network. Wurzer has won four Emmy Awards for her work on Almanac. Prior to her return to radio, she was an anchor and reporter for WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis. She has also been a talk show host for WCCO-AM radio, a producer for KMSP-TV, and political reporter for KSTP-AM radio. She holds degrees in broadcast journalism and urban studies from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Wurzer was a trustee for the UW-River Falls Foundation and a member and past president of the Society for Professional Journalists Minnesota chapter. She is the author of "Tales of the Road: Highway 61." In her spare time, Cathy rides, trains and shows horses, fly fishes for trout, and loves clay sculpture and creating mosaics.
- Audio postcard: Searching for early spring wildflowers
- Mark Seeley: A warm and wild start to April
- Why modeling COVID-19 is such a challenge
- Amazon worker describes what it's like to fulfill orders at Shakopee warehouse right now
- ‘Those expenses don’t go away’: Amid coronavirus crisis, small business owner feels the crunch
- Minn. ICU nurse on coronavirus: ‘The need for PPE is so paramount’
- Minnesota nursing homes face challenges as coronavirus spreads
- Wondering how to manage isolation? Polar explorer Will Steger has been there.
- Stay-at-home order goes into effect in Wisconsin
- How Minnesota hospitals are preparing for COVID-19