A mild early March air mass is sifting into Minnesota this week. The Twin Cities could see the first 60 degree temperatures of the year by Sunday or Monday.
A 27-year-old man, who is a citizen of Mexico, was taken by ICE agents from a hospital and moved out of state against the advice of medical professionals who diagnosed him with acute mental illness.
Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem testified today that close to 650 DHS agents remain in Minnesota.
And a federal judge heard arguments today on a federal demand for Minnesota to turn over voter registration data.
Attorneys for the state of Minnesota argued in court Tuesday that the state shouldn’t have to share its voter registration data with the federal government.
Gas prices across Minnesota were averaging about $3 a gallon on Tuesday — a jump of nearly 17 cents a gallon since Monday, according to AAA. That’s amid the uncertainty caused by the widening military conflict in the Middle East.
Neighborhood Development Center, or NDC, heard from more than 130 businesses across the Twin Cities. Almost two thirds said the impact has been “high or critical.”
If passed, the legislation would prohibit and terminate any agreements with the federal government that gives authority to state, county and local agencies to enforce civil immigration law.
Each year, artists, arts administrators, community members, nonprofit leaders and more come to the Capitol from around the state for Arts Advocacy Day, a lobbying event for the arts.
As more federal officers leave the state, the Morning Edition team wondered how historians might document this moment. The Minnesota Historical Society’s Director of Collections, Cecily Marcus, joined Cathy Wurzer with answers.
A judge has ordered the Department of Homeland Security to pay $9,334 to the attorneys who represented Garrison Gibson, the man taken by armed ICE agents who broke down his door Jan. 11.
Township elections are being held across Minnesota on March 10. They are uniquely hyper-local with voters serving two purposes: electing their township board and deciding the future of their township through its annual meeting.
With a rapidly aging population, private equity investors are interested in purchasing long-term care facilities because they can generate a steady flow of income.
MPR News host Angela Davis talks about fighting hunger with Sarah Moberg, the CEO of Second Harvest Heartland — one of the country’s largest food banks.
Morning clouds will move out, and it’ll be another mild day Tuesday. Wednesday will see even warmer readings — in the 50s for many. A storm system will likely bring rain Friday.
The United States evacuated diplomats across the Middle East and shut down some embassies as war with Iran intensified Tuesday while President Trump signaled the conflict could turn into extended war.
Kendall Qualls, who has been emphasizing his political outsider status in his campaign for Minnesota governor, has picked a fellow businessman to fill out his Republican ticket.
It was Noem’s first congressional appearance since the shooting deaths of the two protesters galvanized widespread opposition to how the Trump administration is executing its mass deportation agenda.
The tech giant, who’s plan was previously cloaked in secrecy, says it will help pay for the construction of wind farms and battery storage to help power the proposed $650 million project outside Duluth. Critics call Google “a heartless corporation.”
Target reported another quarter of lower sales and profits as the discounter struggles to regain its footing in an environment where it has faced still-high inflation and shopper boycotts.
A second person has pleaded guilty in connection with a scheme to defraud a Minnesota Medicaid program for children with autism. So far the feds have charged 15 people in the Medicaid cases that prompted the Trump administration to block $260 million in funding to Minnesota.
The agreement asks the Minnesota Legislature for $200 million — with $125 million of that being allocated for Grand Casino Arena and rest going toward St. Paul RiverCentre and Roy Wilkins Auditorium. The remaining $400 million would be financed by the city of St. Paul and the Wild.
Minnesota is suing President Donald Trump’s administration in an attempt to stop it from withholding $243 million in Medicaid spending. The lawsuit filed Monday asks a U.S. court in Minneapolis to issue a temporary restraining order to block the withholding for Medicaid, which is the health care safety net for low-income Americans.
The Minneapolis Police Department was scheduled to update city council members Tuesday on how the federal government’s surge into Minnesota affected public safety. However, the presentation was rescheduled to Wednesday morning.
The U.S. and Israel have attacked Iran, and President Donald Trump has called for an overthrow of the Iranian regime. MPR News host Catharine Richert talks with her guest about the history behind this conflict, what's next, and what this means for the people of Iran and for the U.S. presence in the Middle East.
When it comes to staying informed in Minnesota, our newsletters overdeliver. Sign-up now for headlines, breaking news, hometown stories, weather and much more. Delivered weekday mornings.